Dear Fellow Chess Parents,
Do children who play competitive chess develop skills that will give them advantages over their non-chess peers?
Yes, I certainly believe so!
My name is Chris Torres and I am the Organizer for the Susan Polgar Foundation’s National Open for Girls and Boys. If you sign your child up right now, I can promise your family a very special kind of tournament experience perhaps unlike any other you have ever attended.
First of all, by signing your child up for the 2016 SPFNO, you are guaranteeing your child the opportunity to meet and hang out with the former World Champion Grandmaster Susan Polgar.
But that’s only the beginning of the fun they’ll have when they start playing chess with us!
- The first place winner in each championship section:
*Qualifies for the Prominent Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls (Girls sections only).
*Qualifies for the 2016 FIDE World Youth Chess Championship.*
*Wins $100,000 in prizes and scholarships to Webster University (U16/18 sections).
- At the SPFNO, your child will be able to register for a Simul against Grandmaster Susan Polgar, the thrilling SPFNO Blitz Tournament and the first-of-its-kind SPFNO Puzzle Solving Competition.
- The SPFNO will take place at a 34,200 square foot facility which we will not be sharing with any other activities. This means our players can be conformably spread out and parents have plenty of space to mingle while waiting for their kids to finish games.
- At the SPFNO your family will be treated to free parking and offered a fine selection of affordable food cooked in a real restraint on site.
- The SPFNO has its own state-of-the-art website which will keep you up to date on tournament results and pairings without requiring your participation in a stampede to view the wall charts.
The Fun of Watching Your Child Learn and Grow through Chess
Part of the fun of the SPFNO is watching your child meet and make friends with other youngsters who love chess as much as they do. As a competitor in the SPFNO your child will get to participate in a chess tournament attended by many of the best chess players their age in the U.S.A.
Another part – and an important one – is having your child get his/her games analyzed by brilliant players such as Grandmaster Daniel Naroditsky who will be analyzing games for free at the SPFNO.
At the SPFNO your child will be placed in an environment where chess is considered cool and where being a high achiever is the norm. Basically, we are providing the ideal conditions for your child to learn and grow through chess.
The Excitement of Shaping the Future through Chess
For some families, the excitement of joining the SPFNO is reason enough to attend. For other families, it will be because of the enormous learning opportunity the SPFNO creates. For me, it is knowing that we, as parents, are doing something to make the world a better place. I honestly believe that many of our future “thought leaders” will be present at tournaments like the SPFNO.
Also, The SPFNO is an official qualifying event for the FIDE World Youth Chess Championships. What could be more exciting than earning the chance to compete against the best chess players in the world?!
By signing our own kids up for such events, I believe we are shaping the future through chess. Now that’s real exciting!
Come Play Chess with Us
So join the Torres Chess and Music Academy and the Susan Polgar Foundation for the fun of it, the learning opportunities and the excitement of shaping the future. The price goes up on Wednesday so join today!