FREE Online Blitz Tournament
December 31, 2021
4:00-7:00 pm Pacific Time
$300 in Prizes
Instructions for those who have already registered
The DCM Chess Club is hosting our second New Year’s Blitz Chess Extravaganza! The competition is open to all chess players and participation is free. For every victory in the New Year’s Blitz Chess Extravaganza, players will receive one raffle ticket which will be entered into our New Year’s raffle. At the end of the evening, we will hold a live raffle to award prizes.
To be eligible to participate and win prizes, chess players must:
- Fill out the entry form on DailyChessMusings.com (See Below)
- Join the Daily Chess Musings Club on Chess.com
The New Year’s Blitz Chess Extravaganza will be comprised of 5 minute rated blitz tournaments on Chess.com hosted by Daily Chess Musings and will occur from 4:00-7:00 (Pacific Time). Fair Play and good tournament etiquette will be strictly enforced. Any players suspected of cheating or behaving inappropriately will be immediately disqualified. All judgements by the Daily Chess Musings staff will be final. The raffle will be a random drawing and all prize winners will be responsible for following any state or local laws regarding raffles. Children must get their parents’ permission before entering the New Year’s Blitz Extravaganza.
There will be NO CHATTING on chess.com while your game is in progress. If we catch you chatting with your opponent or other participants you will be disqualified.
See Terms and Disclaimers at the bottom of this page
Terms & Disclaimers
1. RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. HOWEVER, we do require:
- Fill out this entry form on DailyChessMusings.com
- Join the Daily Chess Musings Club on Chess.com
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open only to Members of the Daily Chess Musings Club. All participants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to participate. There will be NO CHATTING on chess.com while your game is in progress. If we catch you chatting with your opponent or other participants you will be disqualified.
3. TIMING: The New Year’s Blitz Chess Extravaganza will begin at 4:00 pm Pacific Time. Once all the tournaments have concluded we will draw the raffle prizes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: For ever victory in the New Year’s Blitz Chess Extravaganza, players will receive one raffle ticket which will be entered into our Halloween raffle. Correctly complete the official entry form and transmit as directed. On official entry form, all required information/fields must be fully and accurately completed or entry will be voided.
5. PRIZES: We will give away $300 in gift certificates to American Chess Equipment
6. RANDOM DRAWING: On 12/31/21, winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. By entering Raffle, participants agree: a) To be bound by these rules; b) that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these rules; c) that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified at the time of drawing. Potential winner must be watching the Livestream announcement on YouTube and confirm that they have been selected to win.
8. IDENTIFICATION: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the submitted e-mail addresses and Handles at the time of entry (proof thereof may be required of a winner).
9. RELEASE: By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity)(“Liability”) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant’s participation in the Raffle, and/or participant’s use, acceptance, or possession of a Raffle prize, and/or participant’s participation in a Raffle prize-related activity. By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor the right to interview, photograph/video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) names, address, entry form, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, biographical information, and prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
10. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating in the Raffle they release the Releasees from any Liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen or misdirected; b) any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Raffle, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof; or d) acts of God, natural disasters, or other force majeure matters out of Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Raffle. If for any reason the Raffle is not capable of running as planned as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, infection by a computer virus/worm, technical failure, natural disaster, act of God, disruption of the public markets, act of terrorism, war or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Raffle, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle without obligation or prior notice and in such event to determine the winner via random drawing from among all valid entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. WINNER’S LIST: The winner’s information will be posted at new-year’s-blitz-chess-extravaganza on 1/1/22.
13. SPONSOR: Chris Torres & Daily Chess Musings (the “Sponsor”).