FREE Online Blitz Tournaments
Exciting news! This year’s Halloween Blitz Chess Extravaganza will be featured on Chess.com’s ChessTV! Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this fun and free online chess event.
October 29 & 30, 2022
6:00-7:00 pm Pacific Time
You can watch the livestream On Twitch or on ChessTV
On October 29th & 30th, the Daily Chess Musings Club on Chess.com will organize two blitz tournaments starting at 6:00 pm (Pacific Time) and concluding at 7:00 pm (Pacific Time.) Each chess player who participates will receive a special raffle ticket and an additional raffle ticket will be earned for each victory in our blitz tournaments. At the end of the evening’s festivities I will announce the winners of the raffle and award prizes. The Halloween Blitz Chess Extravaganza has no entry fee and the only requirement is being a member of the Daily Chess Musings Club on Chess.com. Email any questions about the event at DailyChessMusings@gmail.com and I will see you this weekend for the Halloween Blitz Chess Extravaganza!
Terms & Disclaimers
1. RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. HOWEVER, we do require joining the Daily Chess Musings Club on Chess.com
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open only to Members of the Daily Chess Musings Club.
3. TIMING: The Halloween Blitz Chess Extravaganza will begin at 6:00 pm Pacific Time. Once all the tournaments have concluded we will draw the raffle prizes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Register for our club tournament on chess.com
10/29/2022 – https://www.chess.com/play/tournament/3506841
10/30/2022 – https://www.chess.com/play/tournament/3506837
5. PRIZES: TBD
6. RANDOM DRAWING: On 10/30/22, winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. By entering Raffle, participants agree: a) To be bound by these rules; b) that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these rules; c) that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified at the time of drawing. Potential winner must be watching the Livestream announcement on YouTube and confirm that they have been selected to win.
8. RELEASE: By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity)(“Liability”) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant’s participation in the Raffle, and/or participant’s use, acceptance, or possession of a Raffle prize, and/or participant’s participation in a Raffle prize-related activity. By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor the right to interview, photograph/video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) names, address, entry form, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, biographical information, and prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating in the Raffle they release the Releasees from any Liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen or misdirected; b) any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Raffle, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof; or d) acts of God, natural disasters, or other force majeure matters out of Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Raffle. If for any reason the Raffle is not capable of running as planned as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, infection by a computer virus/worm, technical failure, natural disaster, act of God, disruption of the public markets, act of terrorism, war or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Raffle, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle without obligation or prior notice and in such event to determine the winner via random drawing from among all valid entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. WINNER’S LIST: The winner’s information will be posted at halloween-blitz-chess-extravaganza on 11/1/22.
13. SPONSOR: Chris Torres & Daily Chess Musings (the “Sponsor”).